- To promote the establishment of a park, on the Parks Canada property on Lakeshore Road in Niagara-on-the-Lake, which:
a) Preserves, protects and rehabilitates the forests, prairies, wetlands, and shoreline,
b) Protects the wildlife that uses the above habitats,
c) Preserves and presents the First Nations, early settlement and military heritage,
d) Is accessible by the public;
- To oppose any use of the Parks Canada property on Lakeshore Road in Niagara-on-the-Lake which is inconsistent with the use described above.
For any development of the Parks Canada property on Lakeshore Rd., we want:
- To ensure the land is developed in a way that is respectful of the natural and historic sites, that is environmentally sound, and that has minimal impact to the flora and fauna;
- To ensure the land is developed in a way that has minimal impact to the quality of life of NOTL residents;
- To ensure the land is developed in a way that is neutral-to-positive for NOTL ratepayers;
- To ensure the longer term impacts of any development are anticipated and addressed;
- To encourage any development to have an open and transparent process that involves all stakeholders in our community.
Click here to view a slide show containing pictures of the Parks Canada Lakeshore Road site. Click on download at the bottom of the screen (it may take a while to load).